Sunday, December 4, 2011

10. What is the best advice you've ever received? Explain.

The best advice that I have received was “… first learn to play it slowly then, you will be able to play the whole song.” I was at Best Buy playing a song in the music room, I was struggling with a part of a song because it was supposed to be played at a fast tempo and I could not replicate the rhythm. Sitting next to me was an African-American blues player who was improvising some to some melodies. He turned around and told me to “… first learn to play it slowly then, you will be able to play the whole song…”  but that advice besides helping me learn a song it helped me realize that everything in life is learned  in a step-by-step manner. For me, this advice is basically saying to stop, relax and think before giving up, to try to learn something slowly as well as do something slowly to make it better. Although, I will probably never see that man again I will always remember his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment