Sunday, December 4, 2011

1. Pretend that you are talking to a blind man and have to describe for him what "red" is. You should use narrative and descriptive writing techniques, and try to appeal to his other senses!

I would start by comparing the color red to music. I would tell him that red is a vibrant color that shows passion and love. I would tell that songs like “She loves you”  by The Beatles are a red, that they express love in a very cheerful way. I would tell him that red is intense, I would give him a spicy sauce to taste so he could feel the burning sensation in his mouth and would mirror the intensity of the color red. I would tell him that although red is a cheerful, passionate and loving color, it is also the color of blood which symbolizes death. I would ask him to put his hand over a candle to feel the heat,passion, the color red expresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment